28 December 2012

Chocolate Brownies








Here is the Chocolate brownies recipe I so love. I have made this many many time over the years, at one stage about 3 time a week. Perfect with an icy cold glass of milk on the couch watching daytime TV, while my boys are asleep. I am generous with my measurement of the cocoa. If you are too, then remember that the mixture might be a bit dry if so, add a bit more oil.


INGREDIENTS
150g butter
1 cup good quality baking cocoa
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbl sp vegetable oil
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pkt Nestle White choc bits (optional)


  • Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius/ 320 F/ Gas mark 3. Line base of 28cm x 18cm x 3 cm (11 x 7 x 2) inch tin with baking paper.

  • Melt butter on very low heat in a saucepan, add baking cocoa, allow to cool slightly. Beat in eggs, stir in vanilla, sugar and oil.

  • Add flour and baking powder and stir until thoroughly mixed, then add white choc bits. 

  • Turn mixture into tin.









Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 min, test with skewer/ sharp knife to make sure its cooked through.
Let cool in tin then cool completely on a cooling rack.

ENJOY


MY TIPS:

I have never made this without the choc chips, so cannot comment. 

I have made this in a larger baking tin, but found it dries out too much and is not as chewy.

I dont have much patience, so I add all 4 eggs at once (still cold from the fridge) and mix quickly with a wooden spoon. The main thing to be aware of is the egg may cook slightly of not thoroughly mixed immediately, I have never had that problem.


No comments: